1 - 5 of 7
- ItemInvestigation of Fixed and essential oils from Abelmoschus esculentus seeds extract and Assessment of their Antimicrobial and Antioxidant activities(Napata College, 2021)Plants and plants derived materials represent the basis of many traditional medicine systems as Ayurvedic, Kampo, and many others that have been used successfully for healing ailments over millennia. Okra seed appears to be a good source of oil (20-40%) and rich (60-70%) in unsaturated fatty acid, especially oleic (20.3%) and linoleic acid (44.4%) as well as polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are essential for human nutrition. The results further showed that the seed oil has a good Antioxidant and anti-Microbial activity against some species of bacteria.
- ItemKnowledge, attitude and practice to words COVET 19 vaccine among Sudanese population, Khartoum 2021(Napata College, 2021)This study aimed to investigate community attitudes and perceptions towards COVID-19 vaccinations. Our study present insights regarding the willingness of community and this will better provide insights to address barriers to widespread COVID-19 vaccination acceptance and to ensure that community attitudes must be positive towards vaccine. General objective: To study the community attitudes, and perception toward covid-19 vaccinations. Specific objective: To Study perceptions, attitudes of communities that may have significant concerns and questions about COVID-19 vaccines.To study side effect concern of communities regarding COVID-19 vaccine. To determine the significance of difference in knowledge and perception of COVID- 19 with socio-demographic characteristics. The researcher followed the descriptive analytical approach, as this study is a cross-sectional, descriptive, community-based study. The researcher reached the following results: Most of the participants are concerned about the side effects of the vaccine. Most participants do not know that the vaccine will stop the infection. Most of the participants do not believe in the conspiracy theory about taking the vaccine. There is a significant association between knowledge and Education level, People with university education level had good attitude compared to pre- university educated. There is significant association between side effect concern and educational level of different participants, People with university education level had good knowledge regarding side effects concern compared to pre-university educated. The researcher also recommends the following: Health promotion programs to improve knowledge and address misconceptions will be a key measure to improve preparedness for vaccine uptake. Government and NGO interventions to ensure free or subsidized vaccine availability, along with a health promotion intervention, will ensure high vaccine coverage.
- ItemPHYTOCHEMICAL COMPOSITION, ANTIOXADANT a n d ANTIMICROBIAL OF Calotropis procera (AIT.) LEAVES(Napata College, 2021)The world is fertile with natural and medicinal plants, which are now more focused than ever, because they have the capability of producing many benefits to society, indeed to mankind, especially in the line of medicine and pharmacology. The medicinal power of these plants lie in phytochemical constituents that cause definite pharmacological actions on the human body. Calotropis procera (Ait.) leaves, from Asclepiadaceae family is a medicinal plant, which has been used for centuries as a traditional medicinal plant in different countries. This study aimed to the determination of chemical composition and evaluation of two pharmacological activities; antioxidant, and antimicrobial. Macerated methanolic extract was prepared.and then Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectroscopy profiling was done.GC-MS revealed a total of eleven compounds which were identified in the methanolic extract ranging from fatty acids and alkane compounds. The major constituents were– Phytol (26.60%), Tridecanoic acid (22.07%), and 9-Hexadecenoic acid(17.50%). The antioxidant properties of the methanolic extract was screened using DPPH assay, and compared with Propyl gallate as standard. Methanolic extract showed significant scavenging activity (46±0.00), but revealed percentage inhibition lower than that obtained by Propyl gallate (92±0.01). The disc diffusion method was employed to explore the antimicrobial activity of methanolic leaf extract agamicrobs ,the extract proved to be an efficient antimicrobial agent. The highest zone of inhibition observed was 19 mm obtained by P.aeruginosa ,whereas the less effective was against B.subtillis (12mm)at the concentration 10%,with the Staandard deviation(1.414) The important role that C.procera plants play in folk medicine has led us to develop this study in order to investigate the major pharmacological activities, so this plant can be used in future as a valuable source of pharmacologically active antioxidants, antimicrobial agents.
- ItemPhytochemicals Composition And Antimicrobial activity, Of Allium Satvium (Clove) [garic](Napata College, 2021)Allium sativum L. belongs to family Liliaceae, has been used as a medicine through ancient and modern time to prevent and treat a wide range of conditions, diseases and tumors due to presence of phenolic compounds and volatile oils which contains sulfur atom in their chemical structures ,and the major antibiotic ALLICIN(unstable) which proven to has an antimicrobial effect against the pathogenic bacteria,parasites, viruses and fungi. This study was carried out to determine the phytochemical composition of the macerated ethanolic extract of the garlic pulp using GC-MS technique and to evaluate its antimicrobial activity against pathogenic bacterial strains usig disc diffusion method,. GC-MS revealed a total of (16)… compounds which were identified in the ethanolic extract ranging from terpenes, essential oils, , phenolic compounds, esters, and others. The major constituents were; Diallyldisulphide (14.26%) 17.34 %) ,1,2,3- thiadiazole,5-methyl- (4.24%, 5.91%) and Trisulfide,di-2-propnyl (19.84%, 14.36% ) respectively. Then the disc diffusion methods was employed to explore the antimicrobial activity of ethanolic extract against four pathogenic bacterial strains S. aureus ,B.subtillis , P. aeruginosa , E. coli , C . Albican, The zone of inhibition observed was 10.5 – 13.5 mm at higher Concentration for used .
- ItemComparative Quality Control Study of two immediat release Brands of Diclofenac Potasium Tablets 50mg in vetro testing(Napata College, 2021)Diclofenac potassium is a well known representative of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, widely used to control pain and inflammation of rheumatic and non-rheumatic origin. The purpose of this study was to determine the pharmaceutical quality of the Diclofenac potassium tablets dispensed in sudan. Two different brands of immediat release Diclofenac Potassium tablets were purchased from pharmacies. The organoleptic and physicochemical properties of these Diclofenac Potasium tablets were assessed according to established methods. The results of weight variation , hardness, friability, disintegration time, and dissolution test of all marketed products comply with established limit. The diclofenac tablet, A exhibited highest hardness up to 8.82 compared to B tablet. However, tablet A showed highest % of friability up to 1.47 compared to B tablet.